Thursday, April 9, 2020

Sudden great diz afterthought

The diz I used yesterday sort of worked but didn't look exactly like Sara's work. I realized it's probably because the hole is a slot, not round. So I roamed about in in search of something round.



And found the butt end of a small safety pin does the trick. I'll try an even smaller one, since I now find that the diz aperture size influences the fineness of the eventual yarn. This had escaped me in the excitement of discovering the concept.

Once again Occam's razor comes through.  Good old Occam.

7 comments:


  1. this is fascinating: to further complicate things, you might even want to play with the idea of two or more strands of different colors woven together? No?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do that routinely. They're spun or combed or drafted together. Or two mixes plied together after the singles are spun on. Yes, endless playtime to be had.

      Delete
  2. Very cool that you got the butt end of the small safety pin to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a roll now, in search of the tiniest hole I can thread roving through. My competitive spirit is on it. Also I'm easily amused.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! I am easily amused to and it's the best. Here's to more fun. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. The safety pin can be anchored very conveniently to your pants which means it's not going to wander off in the middle of useage. Rather inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.