Monday, April 27, 2020

A shower of hexies under way

This is where we are, after multiple ideas, discards, new ideas all day yesterday when I thought about it.



The concept is a fall of hexies irregularly across a couple of diagonals. I'll stitch back the edges to secure them, then reverse applique to the batik fabric. All the points you see sticking out will vanish under the edges.

First group hooped. Overstitching next. I hope the hoop maintains the outlines, because there's going to be quite a bit of handling. The drawing's done in heat- vanishing pen, hard to see in the picture but very clear to the stitcher.

Then once this constellation of hexies is ready, I'll decide whether to applique stars to the top layer first or after doing the reverse work.

Decision for another day. Now I can get stitching.

6 comments:

  1. you've sort of lost me so I'll just have to see how it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll stay tuned! Fun to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. Upon embiggening the picture I see what looks like slits cut in that fabric. Surely not. But then, knowing our Boud, could very well be. I await developments (and enlightenment)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You need to see the newer post. I think it's clear there.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.