Thursday, April 23, 2020

Background fabric done, now work begins

Here's the rest of the story.








And now, I need to set to work deciding, moving, eliminating, choosing, settling, until I'm happy with all the moving parts.

This is where the true aerobic nature of art shows up. Bending, stretching, crawling, lifting, moving, all happen. Usually you're not aware of it until you stop for a break and feel as if you're wearing lead shoes.

It's possible I've got two pieces going, a lot of shapes in search of a place and may need to overdye another piece of the cotton. Since the process didn't exhaust the pigment from the natural dyes, I could reuse it. It's back in the freezer just in case.

5 comments:

  1. I love the dye job and the pattern that went with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. In rl what looks white on the screen is very pale green, lovely gentle contrast.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm confused (and some would say that's the norm)...is this the pretty green you showed in the previous post overdyed? Or is this a different piece of fabric??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same piece, folded, tied and redyed.the parts that look white are in fact the green.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.