Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Silk overlay series under way

So I took advantage of the printer cartridges', grammarians please note the gerund there, takes the possessive, one of my peeves when people get it wrong, where was I, oh yes,  being almost out of ink, because of post-it posse copying, to use them in the faded pinkish form for a couple of silk overlay experiments.






Two layers of silk chiffon, two rosettes scanned and printed on them, alternating which is topside, and using the paper backing, which also gets printed. The silk is so porous that the backing sheet also picks up the image, and I use that, too.

To the eye, which can detect texture, they look different, also softer, but the digital camera tends to flatten the image a bit. I'm liking this start, since the ink, pinkish at this stage, works fine with the strawberry field rosette colors.

I'll wait till my new cartridges arrive to print the others, and some images of my groups of hexies, since they need the range. Already scanned, just awaiting fuel.

Yes, definitely on a roll here. The idea is, possibly, but this might change, to frame the dream, silk, image, next to the reality, the stitched piece.

It's about the process of making art as much as actually producing artworks.


2 comments:

  1. Only you would think to use more-or-less inkless prints in your art. Most people would be rushing out to the store to replenish before they even though of such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to use what's there, rather than think of shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.