Friday, August 9, 2019

More epp capers, historical now


This book is a lovely guided tour through many needleart forms and history, from the V and A. 

I spent a lovely afternoon and a pot of tea, studying it. Came upon a design I fancied trying, and found it was Flossie Teacakes' adaptation of a block from a quilt from 1797.


I must be in tune with her. I had no idea it was her part of the book until I noticed the encouraging wording and recognized her style.



So here's the current State of The Piecing. All the components cut, wrapped, pressed, ready to move in. This is my version, named Strawberry Fields. Just getting fancy.

It definitely pays to have been a miniaturist if you're doing this scale.

I think this quilt will be good for a lot of future designing around here. And when I get back to weaving, once the season turns, ideas for weaving, too..

Yesterday the friend with the dog dropped in, and I showed her the previous epp completed, the one her dog took part in. She was quite reverent about how it came out! Also I'm guessing, relieved that Abby the pup hadn't done anything to it.

4 comments:

  1. Might have to see if our local library happens to have a copy of that book. Alas, no longer can we get things through inter-library loan so we're stuck with what we have locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it. It's really worth a visit. It's based on a v and a exhibit.

      Delete
    2. They don't have it, but I'll suggest that they try to buy a copy and see what happens.

      Delete
    3. Good idea. I've had pretty good luck with library requests. I suspect a lot of people don't realize you can ask them to buy for the collection. I hope you get it, it's really worth studying.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.