Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Holmwood Rosette

So here's today's adventure. After a few thrills and spills, involving  minor skirmishes with mirror-image pieces which got mysteriously stitched inside out, we're under way.




Before I started, I thought this would be a piece of cake compared to the last one. Famous last words.



You absolutely can not woolgather while you're doing this. It's like the toddler of the stitching world, up to something the minute your attention strays. But I do like this color family, and hope I survive it.




Here's tomorrow's pieces, ready to cover. Or possibly recut and fit and stitch, we'll see. This is the outer edge of the piece.

Since my fabric bits are only a few square inches, I have to improvise here and there to get enough going on the colors I need, an added conundrum. And it's a hitch if I ruin one, when there's no substitute for it.

But there's no waste! The bits I discard are about an eighth of an inch wide and not much longer. This is the Art of the Frugal if ever there was one.

And it's great to wake up ready to rush through breakfast, dishes, plant care, all that, so as to get to the project of the day.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than wanting to rush through chores in order to work on the latest creation - that excitement is like rocket fuel for artists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.