Monday, August 5, 2019

Joy cometh in the mailbox

The mail has done well by me lately. Lovely patchwork book from Mittens, hand dyed fabric atc, artist trading card, from Magpie.

As you see, they're in the right context.



Closeup of the atc



The first rosette is almost done, after a few changes of fabrics, and a lot of learning.

I have to go press now, the iron's workload the heaviest in memory. Then final stitching and fitting, and removing of templates and basting stitches. And pressing.

Then a little interval before I see what's next.

Thank you, M and M! Great friends, great timing.

9 comments:

  1. Appalachian Trail Conservancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artist trading card, as in first paragraph! You had me puzzled there.

      Delete
  2. You lost me! Can you explain? If it's about the book, it's Creative Patchwork by Hanne Wellendorph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something little in the mailbox sometimes is just what the doctor ordered...or one could look at it that it was simply an act of removing stash from my house to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno about stash-- it was transformed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One man's junkpile is someone else's treasure. I thumbed through that book, Liz, and it came very close to being mineminemine, but I realized that one more project that requires fabric, cutting, and keeping the dining room table covered for most of the winter might be one too many.
    And I knew you'd get far more out of it than I would...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the sofa that's covered in current art projects around here.

    I really liked her intro to geometry at the outset. Very useful review. And I like her insistence that though she suggests projects, it's much more fun to develop your own designs. All in all, it's in a good home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.