Thursday, August 15, 2019

Holmwood rosette cont.

So all the pieces are wrapped and ready to join in. This is the sum total of the current artwork. All the bits fitted into one hand to be carried up to the studio where the iron lives. I go any smaller, I'll have to issue magnifiers.


Holmwood in pieces



And pressed, assembled, testing the fit

Astonishingly, considering the mirror image snafus and hopeful corrections, it actually fits as it spozed to.

These pieces felt huge in comparison to the last work.

Iced coffee and Georgette Heyer on the patio now while I gloat a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh oh - gloating isn't a good thing. The universe tends to rain on that parade (at least it does in my world!). Mind you, if I had managed this feat, I would have indulged in a teeny bit of a gloat too (and most definitely the iced coffee!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're right. I hadn't noticed getting a piece inside out, you can't tell here, but it became clear once I started stitching. Completely wrong for the space.Sooo, I turned the template over, sort of forced the fabric, now the wrong shape, to fit, and that worked. So much for gloating!! When the design is printed on one side only, you can't just flip the piece. But all's well now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - gloating pretty much always comes back to bite you in the derriere. Glad the square peg ended up fitting in the round hole!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.