Friday, August 23, 2019

Hexies ahoy!

So here's what's happening whenever I'm at home, between doing things like food shopping and seeing  knitting friends, changing library books,and losing my umbrella, among other pursuits.

It's the longest I've ever had an umbrella, since I usually leave them behind before I've got used to owning one and remembering to collect it as I leave a building. But this one is located and awaiting pickup.

Meanwhile, this is an ongoing necessity.



Pause for tea, peach pie and a spoonful of sour cream, great combo, then back to the hexie mines.



Shapes are emerging, also design ideas. Each little stack you see is to be a shape like those circular thingies there.

I have a lot of small fabric pieces still from the packet I got, and I'm figuring how to make colors move around from section to section.

This is more interesting than I'd expected. Handling the shapes isn't much of a challenge, but moving the colors and designs might be. Good.

2 comments:

  1. I own an umbrella. I think. It might be under the seat in the car. Maybe. By the time I figure out how to get one open I'm usually wet, so might as well just admit the inevitable. Enjoying the pile of hexies growing on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umbrellas and I don't seem to get along. Either I forget them, no idea where, it they blow inside out and they're goners.

    I'm about halfway through a pillowsworth of hexies. I only stopped when my eyes got too tired to go on. They're the potato chip of the craft world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.