Monday, September 7, 2020

The robe continues

 I finished stitching on the pockets, and had to look out to stitch the right three sides, leaving the top open. You get disoriented when you move fabric around for hand stitching.

Then I applied the red rose.


Many pinnings and movings before I arrived here. It's not yet stitched, just in case. It was too high, then too close to the armhole seam, then too near the side, then too angled, no end of problems.

Part of the issue is that I'm fairly small, so there's not a lot of real estate in the bodice area. So an inch wrong and it vanishes under my arm or over my shoulder, same with angling it.

I'm probably going to add revers to the front edges, which will change the proportions a bit. I have a strip of silk from a sari hem which might work. And add to the hem. 

But first I need a pot of tea and a piece of cake and a rest for my eyes. 

I'm listening, while I stitch, to a set of stories by Susanna Clarke, new to me, but stories of faery seem about right just now. And Josie George loves her so that was a recommendation.

7 comments:

  1. It's looking beautiful! I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more impressed with every showing. Have you considered the rose rising from a pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a rose, but other things appearing here and there..a certain amount of fun is likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying watching the ever-changing robe. :) The rose is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, that's quite a task you've set to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun to be on this end watching the evolution of 'The Robe'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.