Friday, September 11, 2020

Princeton Chapter EGA

 If you've been interested in the different embroidery forms you're seeing as the robe progresses, maybe you'd like to take a stroll through the blog I used to write, when I was a member of the Embroiderers Guild of America

Go to Princeton Chapter EGA

The link takes you to the most recent entry. Scroll back to travel backwards in time. I never did succeed in getting anyone to take it on and continue it, after my own life needed me to move on, but I left it open, just in case, because hope springs eternal!

I created and, for several years, wrote this blog of our various adventures as the Princeton Chapter, Embroiderers Guild of America.

I added a lot to my repertoire of embroidery styles during those years,  and improved my stitching skills quite a bit, as well as having the best fun, with great stitchers.

I served two terms as president, too, and taught several workshops. Several members still read my personal blogs, so they might enjoy the memories, too. Hi to them!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder about the group - I followed it for a long time and it was interesting to go back and scroll through once again. Lots of inspiration in that group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned such a lot. Very generous sharing went on. Still does, I expect. I think they're meeting on-line.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog, it is sad it hasn't kept going. There's beautiful embroidery there in the museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NJ has a great history in textiles as well as pottery.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.