Thursday, September 10, 2020

Moving deeper

This is where the idea really starts to get under way. After checking the latest additions






Pinned appliques over the back appliques. Drafted lines for sashiko stitching and maybe some weaving stitches, we'll see. Trusty french curve at the ready. I suspect french curves were used for the appliques I just pinned on the back, cut from Girija's (second day) wedding sari, given to me to use not preserve.

The white lines will vanish with a hot iron, so the couple I rethought in mid-draw won't be an issue. The threads are from Asha in Barbados, Girija,  brought back from India specially, and probably Judy. 

The robe will have to be lined probably with paintings on linen, later. The stitching from the applique work need to be covered.

I think there may be waving lines of sashiko (running)  stitches up the sleeves.

I really want to get something going with a hoop pretty soon. The sleeves will be trickier because of avoiding stitching front and back together. Also I'm wearing black rayon pants same fabric as the robe, easy to stitch over into the wrong garment..

But that's tomorrow. Right now, pot of tea, large slice banana bread, and more Susanna Clarke.




4 comments:

  1. The amount of work you're doing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun to peek at the pieces of art on the walls in your photography room. I know that isn't the focus but fun nevertheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually remember to crop so you don't see the plumbing! It's a handy little gallery for little artworks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.