Sunday, September 20, 2020

More robe

Sashiko done for now, and I like the shapes

On the back, the appliques are now stitched down, ready for more to happen. 

And here's the next order of business, for tomorrow in daylight.

 My earliest piece of practice goldwork, ready to be placed as a monogram. There's also painting, as well as beading, here. 

Come to think of it, more beading will almost certainly show up. In the course of searching just now for a couple of woven glass bead bracelets, which I can't find, I came across this stitching, which might do very well on the robe. Somewhere.

So much work jostling for a place. They'll have to take a number and wait.

And a further search reminded me that I'd incorporated one of those woven bead bracelet pieces I couldn't find into the spine of an artist's book. Bead weaving is one of those art forms that get hold of you and you can't stop! It ends up everywhere.

And here it is. The paper is red onion skins and abaca. This was in a solo show I did several years ago of artist's books, mostly made with my handmade paper. The other bracelet is no doubt in another work or something, and may show up when I'm looking for something else.

So here we are for now. I have plenty of territory on the sleeves yet. And I want to line it. Not running out just yet.



9 comments:

  1. There is a lot going on but it's pretty! I love the sashiko work you've done. Any beading you add will be lovely I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must take a lot of work and patience. They are all very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really more about being peacefully engrossed. Thank you for your nice words.

      Delete
  3. All of it is just stunning. My favorite (at least as it appears just now) is the yellowish flower and green leaves. I'm sure it will morph into something else equally intriguing.
    One thing, Liz; you'll never rust out. it's the folks who keep moving that seem to last longest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the camellia too. It was fun to stitch, shading with a needle.
      I may not rust, but I may very well overheat and seize!

      Delete
  4. Bead weaving. A blast from the past, as they say. You're right, an art form that goes on and on, until you give the loom and the beads and the thread and needles to a little girl who is fascinated.
    This robe just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds as if you've btdt. Thank you for the nice words, too.

      Delete
  5. The discussion about bead weaving reminded me that back in the day I used to make necklaces using pearl beads and some form of weaving. Can't remember how I did it now and of course the examples are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think beading, sooner or later, gets into all our lives.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.