Saturday, September 5, 2020

Off the wall!

 I thought you'd like to see some of the work that's coming off the walls and windows and flying onto the art robe.


This 4"x3" petit point is worked on 38 sts to the inch silk gauze, using a picture as a reference. It's part of one of the Cluny tapestries, the ones that live in Paris.


Here are my initials in gold work  on cotton lawn, which I later dyed and beaded. It was the first exercise I did learning goldwork. At least the exercise was to do a straight line and a circle, so I went from there. I've used this as a signature piece for solo textile artwork exhibits

And here are those silk stars made from samples of silks, back when I was learning English paper piecing, and now ready for a new home.

Now that I've started I'll probably find enough candidates to furnish more robes!

3 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.