Sunday, May 17, 2020

Cashmere Caper Two

I wound off the spinning from yesterday, and measured the wpi, that's wraps per inch, the way you measure various yarn weights.  This is 24 wpi, laceweight, I told you it was fine.



Then I went on to the darker fleece, slightly different texture, and harder to see dark guard hairs on dark fiber.  I dizzed this then spun from the fiber bunched up in my hand, i expect there's a technical term for this that I don't know. Dizzing dealt with a lot of hairs, but there are still a few. I can pull them as I go.



And I will soon have a tiny quantity of laceweight cashmere yarn and a question to self about what to make with it. Eggcosy? Dolliver scarf? Pin for self? Suggestions warmly received.


5 comments:

  1. Oh dear - I wouldn't be mentioning scarves to the D's or you'll be opening up a hornet's nest. I vote for pin for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had some dark fleece too. Since you have two shades you could really get some dimension in what you make. Suggestions? This sounds silly but could you make a tiny goat pin?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.