Friday, November 29, 2019

Transparent motif in progress

I'm making a variety of motifs to applique to the hanging, using the printed out silk images.



Here's a motif from a scan of a line drawing I made years ago, in ink. Daffodil head.

I ran a running stitch around the boundary (the hoop is covered with bias binding, to protect any fragile fabric) then cut the motif out and now I'm overstitching the edge. I'm about halfway round. The interior lines will stay as is, I think.



I love the delicate lively edges and I may end up framing rather than not, so as to preserve the movement.  Better than stitching it flat on the background.

As you see, many changing ideas as I work!

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to inspire! This one has me intrigued and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.