Monday, November 11, 2019

A day of wild stitching

I seem to have used up a lot of scraps, and it looks as if today is yielding either the start of that bigger piece, or a pillow, or a bag, depending on future energy and supplies.




  • Explosion in a cotton mill. These are nine  blocks, assembled but not attached together, pending future thinking and the return of sanity. They're not pressed yet either.


It's fun just to blunder forward and see what comes of it.

And tomorrow I may make a miniature of this using smaller scraps. I'm in the mood for frugality. Did I mention I'm also using up my stash of sewing thread? I'm on my fourth reel. Or maybe fifth, remembering the earlier pillows.

I have the feeling that the winter quilt I keep going on about is receding as these other ideas push their way in. But it's still there on the horizon.




2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.....one wonders....could the smaller scrapes be put together in the same way and end up making blocks that 'fit' with these larger ones? Blunder on Boud - it's always of interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.