Monday, May 4, 2020

Hat One, Nearly Done

Here's the essential steel wire ready to weave in, so I can shape the brim.




 And after a few more rows, it vanishes.



 The ends you see can wait till it's off the loom to be pushed in.

I think I can ease a couple more rounds before I declare this bit done. I can't take it off, though, because I need the warp for Hat Two on the other side.



 After that we'll find out if it worked.

Hat Two will benefit from what I learned doing Hat One, and might be a bit fancier. I never make all the Dolliver kit the same, they being individuals and all.

So tomorrow, a new color or two, maybe a bit fancier stitching. If you're a longtime blogista around here, you'll have noticed that this is really just a big Dorset button.

7 comments:

  1. I like how you learn from the one and carry that to the next. That's the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you do one in silver in can be a tin foil hat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet one of them would want it, too. Not naming any names..

      Delete
  3. You are so clever. I was wondering how these would be shaped into hats. I had no worry that it would happen, I just had no vision for how you'd manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather clever to be able to get two for the price of one if you ask me. Looking forward to the fashion show once they're done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.