Saturday, February 29, 2020

State of play, Little Book project

In case you're losing the thread (!) all
this weaving and spinning, in wool, paper, and upcoming, cotton warp, is all part of the Little Book Project.




Currently it's all about the covers, while I review various binding ideas, and pagemaking thoughts.

I'm considering pages made from side products of printing on silk


 or handmade paper






 or coffee filter paper


or image transfer of my photographs



Or maybe all of them. Decisions.

These Little Books, the ones I think are good enough, they won't all qualify,  will be artworks, for exhibit, most probably in box frames where there aren't glass cases. They will be for sale and can be drawn or written in, depending on the page material. If I ship, they will be unframed, safer all round.

But that's ahead a while. Meanwhile the paper is my teacher. A patient one.


4 comments:

  1. Have you considered paper from cotton lint? I know a good source. email jnoragon@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used second cut cotton linters from Carriage House. I really like the feel of abaca though, and the softer ivory color, compared with the crispness and whiteness of cotton linters.

    I still have quite a bit of both in sheet form.

    But I've moved more into plant based paper, with enough abaca pulp to soften the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why but I think these would look amazing mounted on handmade papers and framed. You're just going to have to make some more to test my theory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything's possible around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.