Sunday, December 13, 2020

Diagonal update

This is where I am. Few more inches and half the back is complete. And about half my spun yarn is used up. So much faster to knit than spin. Imagine women in earlier times spinning as fast as they could to keep weavers supplied.  

When I get the two halves knitted, I can decide how to relate them. This work is reversible, so I can have herringbone pattern, either  pointing up or down, or I can run the stripes in the same diagonal direction. Once done and the ends woven in, I'll be able to see better what's best to do.

Once the high side reaches 21" I'll bring the other side up to complete the rectangle.

3 comments:

  1. Good work, this is going to be beautiful. All the work you've been putting into it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to the evolution of this project. It will be a one-of-a-kind piece of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.