Friday, August 14, 2020

New project, not a doll, not a jacket

 The jacket is finished, seams pressed a treat, don't have a good pic yet.

But I felt freed up to do something different.


This is all about short rowing. I've made this in different sizes and yarns, as presents, but this is for me. If you've knitted socks you're likely to have done short rowing. It's one of those patterns that you can't stop. Just one more row.. but my aching digits explained I'd better.

Tomorrow more short rowing. This makes an interesting scarf, very puzzling to nonknitters.  And in fact, like so much in knitting, easy when you know how. And it's sculptural. It's very useful if you're making knitted art wall hangings. Or just a scarf.

As you work, it becomes straight until the wedge is completed, then you shortrow in the opposite direction. You'll see. It's especially good to use a variegated yarn, too, shows the stitch pattern well.


2 comments:

  1. Looks quite challenging but I'm sure the contemplation of the doing is far more difficult that the actual creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like turning a heel looks impossible until you do it. Or a toe up sock which you can't believe till you do it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.