Thursday, August 27, 2020

Music returns

 I dropped off from playing  music recently, but now the recorder society chapter I was active in for many years, but also dropped off from, largely because night time, a bit far, coming home tired in the dark, is going online in September. So I'm going to rejoin.

Not entirely sure how this will work, but I think participants play duets with the conductor, don't hear nor see anyone else. Not sure who the conductor sees and hears. Maybe he can mute and unmute. 



Anyway the music email has arrived, half a dozen pieces, and I downloaded and printed and instantly learned two things.

One is that I am definitely ready to get back in. The other is that I definitely need a new black cartridge. Evidently the get out the vote push used this one up. Meanwhile, I'll squint. 

After I get back from picking up my Tiny Email Book Group selection Where the Crawdads Sing, from the library, I'm going to start in with my new music.

Morley, of La Girandole, meaning sunflower, is a big favorite. I don't know all the composers, and a couple are nearer baroque in period, not my preference, but what's a century between friends?

If you can read music, doesn't this make you want to play?  Or sing.

5 comments:

  1. An online recorder society sounds interesting! I used to play around with recorders just for fun but I was never very good. Have fun with your renewed endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. I played trios and quartets for many years, duets when we couldn't get the others, as well as big group playing. It's fun, and I think I needed some outside motivation. Also some new music!

      Delete
  2. Does it strike you as ironic that we're using 21st century technology to play Elizabethan and 17th century music together? It's great. Not so great is that it leaves behind less tech savvy members (old demographic) or people with savvy but no printer. Some of my friends who moved into retirement communities rely on their community room printing and scanning, closed since March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of 'Where The Crawdads Sing' - it's one I really enjoyed and you've reminded me that I must search for more books by that author. Alas there's not a musical bone in my body besides enjoying listening to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.