Sunday, December 2, 2018

Plainsboro library gallery, whiteline prints

Reception this afternoon for Ingrid Davis, printmaker, whose whiteline wood block prints are here this month.





She explained the carving and demonstrated the coloring technique, and I really wanted to rush home and try it.

I do have some woodblock carvings that I printed years ago using brayer and ink, but I think now I'll clean them up and try water color on them. Have to get printmaking paper though.

Nice afternoon with a bunch of artists, some of whom have studios where I used to.

This exhibit is very good indeed, worth your visiting if you're in the area.

2 comments:

  1. I love the "p-town print"!
    Often think i'll try it, but as you may know, I have a weird mental block (heh) about printmaking. Maybe 2019 will be the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you've been almost ready to try it again a number of times and other things have happened. I often wonder how much art is displacement activity while we gear up for the Art We've Been Meaning To Do Really!! You've been painting quite prolifically..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.