Thursday, October 1, 2020

Robe, goldwork

Some more stitching, silverwork and goldwork.


As I've been working on this I've started to aim for a more fluid design than the original, which is a bit rigid.

That's because it was intended for a dress, molded round a human figure in action, particularly dancing. So there was no need to build in movement. Mine is different, smaller, and will be more static, so I'm making it flow more.

For one thing, I think I won't break the color as the original did, meeting gold against silver. I'll probably stitch the curves continually in one color. But I'll alternate the colors. Then maybe I'll break the colors in the arrowhead shape at the bottom.

We'll see.

8 comments:

  1. It's shaping up very well. And it is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I was going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluid describes it well! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. Early days on this piece but I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "feather" stitching now has a whole new meaning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to your photography skills because the glimmer of the threads is showing really well. Must be better in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a pale imitation! But thank you for the compliment. I spend ages angling it to catch the light, not catch a shadow and focus all at once. Low level tablet and phone cameras.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.