Sunday, March 24, 2019

The Reveal

So I removed the jig, after an interval for lunch and recuperation from warping.



And to my joy, the warps did not all leap about and knot up and generally get in an uproar. And the tensioning worked a treat.

There's irregularity in the warps, partly because of the wonky jig, partly the inexperience of the warping lady.

But considering that two weeks  ago this whole process was a total mystery, and now I know how to do it, I'd say overall it's pretty good.  I know how to improve, and which bits I didn't know enough about.

And I am hugely grateful to Sarah Swett whose blog entry on this topic was right on point. Her blog,  Field Guide to Needlework, is a treat to read.

Yet another Good Thing Quinn Piper, of  Comptonia blog fame, has brought into my life. She dm'd me recently about Field Guide, and it's become a big deal in my art life.  Her own blog, Comptonia, is well worth a visit, too.

Meanwhile back in the studio, I would like to use this setup even with the warp issues, so I'm thinking about this. I'll make them a design feature, you'll see!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.