Friday, March 1, 2019

Goats Magosh comes through again

I've been thinking about small weaving again, and spinning the fiber for it. Still working on that undyed merino I got years ago, and have spun and dyed.

But ready made colors, in ends of roving and top, from Goats Magosh, no big investment, is a good addition. Here's what arrived today, packed into a tiny bag, which exploded into a lot of fiber. Lovely clear colors.

Also, since these are really scraps, good quality but small amounts, there's  a variety of different fibers, interesting experience to work with them.

Some practically spin themselves, unlike the merino which I think is good fiber, but a bit resistant for beginner drafting. That's where you draw out the fiber from the supply in your hand, ready to spin it.




I love GoatsMagosh.com, because she responds fast with lovely clean product, very reasonable price, and she rescues goats. Also she's a small business owner in Puerto Rico, still recovering from Maria.  I will buy directly from her in future when I need serious fiber.

I found her through Amazon, but no need for a middleman. She has no idea I'm saying this, no business arrangement, I just like how she works.

And this weekend may be a spinageddon.

5 comments:

  1. Naturally I had to check the goat website, but GoatsMagosh.com took me to a blank "this domain may be for sale" page...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I googled and found her Etsy shop. Try there and see. Her goats are angora rather than cashmere. I think they're the ones you can shear?

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'll check etsy. And yes, cashmeres are the only ones that get combed - and some people even shear cashmeres although I can't imagine what percentage of usable fiber they end up with.

      Delete
  2. Well, dang. She's definitely in business, and that's the site on her insert. Maybe a Google check is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support! We apologize for the confusion regarding our website. We can be found on Amazon or our Etsy store
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoatsMagosh
    Thank you, again. It is our pleasure to assist you with your artistic endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.