Saturday, March 30, 2019

Hot tip!

So here's the stand light clipped in place and working fine. Took no time to get used to it.




I like simple solutions.

And, two floors down, here's the Hokett loom warped and ready for action.



I'm planning on creating a couple of works side by side, like a woven diptych.  Seems like economy of effort to see them together, for design as well as size. And avoids the Second Weaving Syndrome.

I already studied and discarded the step by step lessons I'd been considering, but I will refer to the book where I need a technical assist.

This loom's portable, and I already have a request to bring it to the next knitting meeting, since it's a mystery to the members, and they are interested in seeing what my excitement is all about.

2 comments:

  1. I puzzle about how you manage to hold the loom and deal with all the thread/yarns and not drive yourself crazy. I would have the entire thing in a snarled up mess in no time (it's a curse I have - which also extends to my sewing machine who spent the entire afternoon snarling up threads and caused ME to snarl too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can rest it in your lap, too. The center bar is curved so the threads are held above the surface you set it up on

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.