Friday, November 23, 2018

Transparency is back



So while I was looking at today's work, now that it's mounted on a linen base, I liked the areas of layers of transparency, much yet to do here, this is barely begun, and look what it made me do:



I remembered the silk transparencies I was working on a while back, with the idea of  working on them quilt style. I had framed and exhibited some, but here seemed to be the time to  work them up differently.

So. Wouldn't you know it, I'm working on both at once. These will be wall pieces, too fragile to be pillows.

Can't wait for my rotary blade to get here so I can act on the ideas. There will be goldwork.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting how pieces like this will tell us what they want us to do next. Provided, of course, that we (pardon the expression) learn to shut up and listen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.