Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Sunflower bursts out

Here's the current State of the Sunflower piece. It's become a piece about late summer fruits and flowers -- the dark little areas are seed beads and resemble fruit -- and I'm rethinking trapunto in favor of more couching, because there are going to be competing textures if I use trapunto. So I'll save that for another piece.






I pictured the piece straight on, and at an angle so that you can see the textures better.  The stitching that looks like chain isn't -- it's split stitch, using four strands of floss so that I could split each stitch evenly.  Lot of fun, doing that.  And the long and short on the petals is different each time, since petals are, too.

This is nearing the finish line, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I think I said before how much I like the colours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sunflower is beginning to merge and looking great, so different form the piece of dyed fabric you started with

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving this even if they're not my first choice in colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.