Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Shell has Landed

The future owner of this piece came visiting about five minutes after I got home, after a day out you can read about here and turns out she's in for surgery this week, is in a lot of pain, so without further ado, I gave her the beaded piece I made for her, instead of waiting to show it to embroidery buds.  She really needed it, got all teary, and loved it.  So I think it served its purpose!

Anyway, this is how it was just before she seized it and ran home with it.She wants to get it framed, no need for me to do it.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the decision you made about the lip of the shell. It's beautiful. Hope your friend is much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - and obviously it was a gift that was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect solution to "lip" problem. Lovely work and seems like good timing for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely outcome, and I hope it gives your friend much pleasure and comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see this will warm your friend`s heart and help her recovery. The lip you were struggling with could not look better, great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.