Saturday, August 24, 2013

The other shoe drops!

Here's the companion piece to the embroidered sunflower piece! It's from several years ago, when I was deep into black gesso and copper wire and metals of all kinds.   

 

Quite small, it's the top of a wooden cigar box, upturned, covered with black gesso, and with a sawblade I found in the street, natural twigs and a piece of shiny paper for the center,  attached with copper wire, and with a copper ink drawing, creating a sunflower.  Quite a contrast in approach from the stitched and dyed piece.  Thought you'd enjoy seeing this.

This and the embroidered and dyed sunflower will appear together.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I don't know which one I like better! I've always been a fan of rusty things and I like the recycled aspect of this too.

margaret said...

you are so versatile and full of wonderful creative ideas, love the rusty look

Minimiss said...

That is an interesting piece.

Isabelle said...

what a strange association. but it works