Saturday, August 24, 2013

The other shoe drops!

Here's the companion piece to the embroidered sunflower piece! It's from several years ago, when I was deep into black gesso and copper wire and metals of all kinds.   

 

Quite small, it's the top of a wooden cigar box, upturned, covered with black gesso, and with a sawblade I found in the street, natural twigs and a piece of shiny paper for the center,  attached with copper wire, and with a copper ink drawing, creating a sunflower.  Quite a contrast in approach from the stitched and dyed piece.  Thought you'd enjoy seeing this.

This and the embroidered and dyed sunflower will appear together.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know which one I like better! I've always been a fan of rusty things and I like the recycled aspect of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so versatile and full of wonderful creative ideas, love the rusty look

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a strange association. but it works

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.