Friday, April 12, 2019

Yet another adventure in view

Just got a Rebecca Mezoff email, I'm on her mailing list, about card weaving... I tried this a while back, made my own cards, studied how to mark them, had a good time setting up.

Then my back objected to being used as a tensioning device. And I had a thing with my shoulder, different cause.

So my tablet weaving went on hold. But now I think I can take another try.

I found my box of cards, and realized  I had managed a couple of wobbly samples, seen here, not using a pattern, just playing around to get the feel of using the cards.

The scissor fob used 12 cards and fine crochet thread, very brave. I just now pulled out eight cards for my upcoming try.  When I get some yarn.




I think I can try a pattern next, and maybe build a sort of inkle loom from pvc pipe..just to save my back.

Some people tension the warp between  their big toe and their waist.  Some people are more adept than this weaver. This weaver needs a loom.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get a mental picture of tensioning warp using toes and waists. Methinks I would have a huge Charley horse in the middle of it all. Contortionist I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the classic backstrap method, tying the warps to your waist and the other end to a doorknob, but developed a bit of claustrophobia, didn't like being attached like that. Like arm knitting, it creeps me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.