Monday, April 1, 2019

P at an E, Part the Second

So the opening was all kinds of fun.

Jeanne, haven't seen her in a couple of years, reminded me we must get together for plein air work again this year. She's great company as well as a very good artist.

And Lucia, one of the jurors, came over to tell me she was a drawing student of mine years ago, and has made walnut ink ever since I talked about it. With great art success. Showed me wonderful ink drawings on her phone. Clearly one of the students who was already accomplished before I met her.

She also offered me raw fleece from her newly shorn sheep, which I will be very happy to accept for processing, then spinning and dyeing. And invited me to a regular painting group.

And introduced me to a couple of young women who are Olympic fencers.

And the award I won will pay for the Hokett loom and the entry fee to the show. It's all good.

The loom, by the way, is signed by Jim Hokett, and the mysterious BEM inscription means bird's eye maple.

Handsome Son came to dinner, pronounced the food good, and talked about what electronic gizmo he's currently building from scratch. Endlessly inventive.

A five star day.

Back in the studio this morning, more progress


I also tidied up a bit, things having got hectic lately

2 comments:

  1. It really doesn't surprise me that Handsome Son is building his own electronic gizmos - after all, he has a great creative roll model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He also likes to work in polymer clay when he's in an art frame of mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.