Thursday, October 11, 2018

Cutting with abandon

After seeing the one-yard kimono jacket idea on MA's blog, and reading Sonya on Mason Dixon, I was all for trying something new. Sonya is all about making what you want to wear, fearlessly and not worrying about it, and MA's links are full of great ideas for all kinds of things you might not have thought of.




And, not being a procrastinator, rather the opposite, a hasty jumper-in,  late last night I hauled out three big scarves I was given and rarely wear, because they're too square for me. They don't drape for me.

Two are fine wool, the one in the foreground a pashmina, remember them? So they're nice in that the fabric is good.

Soooooo I cut the pashmina into a kimono jackety thing. Pinned it before hand sewing, no machine around here. And found it would be much better on someone entirely taller and more substantial than my fairly small self. Oh. I looked as if it was trying to kidnap me.

Back to the cutting board, and I now have a scarf which is the Isadora Duncan type, which I will wear once the temps and humidity drop below 80f and 6,241.



And a joke cover, not meant to be serious,  in my small gallery





And enough leftover fabric to make something else when I get an idea of what. The other two scarves are uncut for now.

Never a dull moment.

6 comments:

  1. A kindred soul! Glad I was able to provide the idea spark and I love how it morphed into something else entirely (well, two somethings I see!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - just caught up on the posts I've missed and tried to comment on your 'selfie' post and for reasons known only unto the blogging universe, I can't. It won't accept comments. Odd. Anyway....enjoyed seeing the selfie and rather like the versatility of the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for persevering! No idea why bloggrr won't accept comments. It also does a new thing -- won't notify me of comments but when I find them and moderate, right away they appear in my email inbox. Telling me i did something i already know I did. Useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now it won't let me respond to your first comment! There may even be a third thing, since I have a bag sized square left..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm - makes me wonder if bloggrrrr has a bee up her bum, or perhaps she's menopausal?

      Delete
  5. Times like this I remind myself that it's free of charge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.