Saturday, October 6, 2018

Buttons on, me or them.

I decided it was time for the Sewing on of the Buttons on the Blue Vest. This was after I wondered if I should first check the smoke detectors, change the oil in the car, check the mailbox, vote..well my mail in vote came today so I did vote, wielding my tiny power.

But then I had stop procrastinating, and do the buttons. I found, once done and buttoned up that I could have made the small size. I had wondered if it would be skimpy so, using her measurements, went for the medium.

Anyway I have adjusted, very simply, by buttoning it further over, and that seems to work. The fabric is open enough that I could just push buttons in without creating new buttonholes if necessary.

We'll see how the cotton one works out. I used different needles, and it's firmer. Probably the issue there will be inserting the buttons through the little holes, but I'll figure that out when the time comes. One good thing was that the Dorset buttons worked nicely, stitched on without losing any shape. I attached them with the same thread I made them with.

Anyway here's the round neck side

 And the v neck side, the other side is sticking up behind it






And a gallant attempt at a selfie!  Poor lighting uncooperative model..but you can just about get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.