Monday, September 10, 2018

Socks done and ready for their new owner

Finished and pressed the socks today, very pleased they're done and the yarn juuust lasted long enough. I liked the idea of literally knitting them together alternately, so they matched, and both got finished. I'm going to do that again. I didn't Kitchener the toes, but sort of invented my own version which seems to work fine, looks neat enough. I really prefer toe up, but this was embarked on so I followed the pattern of top down.


Now I can return to my vests. They're much bigger yarn and needles, after the fineness of the sock yarn and size 2 needles. They'll feel Brobdingnagian by comparison.


2 comments:

  1. They look wonderful - and will be a special memory for your friend. Know what you mean about large needles - I'm currently working on two projects - one done with DK yarn and the other done on 9mm needles with two strands of wool (felted slippers). Sure feels weird switching back & forth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I texted her this evening to come collect them, so we'll see when she gets here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.