Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Finished and already in action

This is actually a yarn I bought. Can't remember ever buying yarn before. Either it's a gift or a rescue or a harvest or I spun it. I loved this gradient from knitpicks. Even to the point of using hated circulars, because of the large number of stitches.

And I'm knitting socks from another gradient, blue to yellow to white. On favorite bamboo dpns.

Despite the heat advisory today I'm wearing the shawly scarfy thing because AC at the libe is turned up to eleven.



The second one is nearer to the rl colors, and shows the drape in action. Really liking this. It's a very elongated triangle which is knitted across the length, very interesting but simple pattern. I'm not where my files are, but if anyone wants to know more let me know and I'll check when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I really like wearing it. Vital at the moment, because steaming heat and humidity mean everyone's AC is cranked up, and you need something round your shoulders indoors.

    I found it's from The Knitting Experience, book one, the knit stitch, and I've now ordered a used copy at a great price, since there will be other simple and good designs. There's a series, the next one being about purling. I'm an experienced knitter, but there's a lot to be said for great simple design. A beginner could do this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes just that little additional layer is all you need - to say nothing about how chic it looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.