Thursday, April 25, 2019

Newly warped

Here's today's prep for the four selvedge weaving which will use some of the dyed thread.


Paperclips to hold the warp rather than a removable jig, after a morning yesterday of total failing too sad to recount. Involving the total explosion of a fully warped jig just at the moment of installing it in the loom, ready to get to the supplemental warps.



I did rescue the warp thread, and you see it here in use, warped up with fifty clips top and bottom. Yesterday I decided to quit while I was behind.

Today is another day, another chance. Fifty clips across approximately three inches, will probably  widen a little when I  get it organized, about 16 epi, that's like stitches per inch.

I'm not on the loom I intended, since if I can't get the jig working I need either longer Velcro bands to secure the warp rods, here knitting needles, or shorter sides on the loom, which I can do but not this morning. So this is a set of stretchers.

There's always a way to get there, even if it's not the one you first thought of!














2 comments:

  1. Never can let it be said that our Boud doesn't have an abundance of persistence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was another experiment that taught me quite a bit but didn't work as hoped. Back to the drawing board!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.