Thursday, February 18, 2021

Jacket components, some of them

 This is where we are. Jacket bits. Top left, woven lapel. Not yet steamed. Top right, loom warped up ready to weave second lapel. Bottom left and right, jacket lower fronts.


You see on the left there the section that juts out? That will go under the arm to meet the back. 

But first I need to weave the second lapel. I'm slowed down a bit by needing to rest between spinning. So supplying the yarn to weave is slow. 

Weaving is easier, once I get the yarn spun, because I can do it with either hand, so it's not a constant demand on one arm or the other. Then I'll attach the lapels to the lower section on each side.

We'll get there! Watch this space.

4 comments:

  1. It's exciting watching your progress. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! All those colors are beautiful! I hope your shoulder is doing better. I know something like that can make life a bit difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so cozy and would be most welcome on these bitterly cold days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.