Saturday, January 4, 2020

Some art has been happening, too, among the recycling

Here's the current state of the silk transparent hanging. Many more pieces to add and then probably join strips in some way.




I love transparency, and I have samples of silk from Dharma Trading in here as well as squares cut from those artworks I printed out on silk. And some other random silk bits from here and there. As usual it's handstitched.

I'm making varieties of color neighbors, then we'll see if they read well when I'm further along. And I'll know better what size this will end up as. And what its destination will be. TBA.

Just so's you know I'm still at work in art, though you might not have noticed recently.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I love stitching silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can 'see' these fluttering in the breeze - something reminiscent of the prayer flags that were so popular a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten prayer flags. I had one of mine, stitched on linen, in an exhibit in some California gallery, great fun. Years ago. I have other fiber arts pieces traveling around in installations and I lost track years ago of their journeys, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.