Thursday, January 17, 2019

Purse underway for new cellphone

So now that I have a new phone, for the sad tale of the old one, see https://fieldfen.blogspot.com

So I need  a new purse to wear the new one. For safety I always have the phone literally on me. This has paid off more than once when I took a fall and needed a hand up. Living alone requires precautions like this.



So here's a Tunisian crochet lace pattern, from Creative Grandma, her stitch of the day, #93, if you'd like to track it down on YouTube.

Here's the little sample I made, 17 (4x4,+1) stitches, to learn from her tutorial, next to the the bigger version to fit the new phone.

The stitch is a multiple of four, plus one. So I made a chain of 25 (6 x4, +1) and went from there.  It's a one pattern line, one return line design, nice to work, and I'm learning to read my own crochet, always a Good Thing.

I like that Tunisian has a return line where you can breathe, then easily see if you still have the right number of stitches going. And if it will fit its purpose.  That's three more Good Things right there.

2 comments:

  1. A life filled with Good Things IS a good thing. You're progressing really well with Tunisian if you're tackling lace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's interesting that in some ways crochet is easier than knitting. I'm discovering a lot as I learn.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.