Saturday, January 19, 2019

Phone purse incoming

In the course of having to switch phones, I found that not only were all the purses belonging to the old phone now useless, the new, much bigger, phone, needed its own wardrobe. This is not a frivolous enterprise, not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote Seinfeld, but a safety issue.

Being older and living alone in a three story townhouse, it's important to be able to get help if, say, I fall down. So the phone needs to be with me safely at all times. Not in another room I might not be able to get to.  Not in a pocket it can fall or fly out of, but a snug purse I hang on me like a pendant.

It's served me well through a few exciting incidents.

So I was in the process as usual of working on several things at once, and wondered if I had any snaps to use for the crocheted clutch I showed you, at least I think I did. Up to the studio to search, no snaps. But I found a batch of granny squares I made while I learned how. And two of them could be folded, stitched, and have a strap added, to make a fitted purse. Poifect!

Here's one




And there's another in spring colors, phones like to be seasonal. So I'm wearing the phone as I write -- you can see it gleaming inside its purse. And I can go on with what I was doing before.



This, to be exact, Dorset button for clutch. I still like the idea of a snap under it.


2 comments:

  1. Of course a cell phone deserves a wardrobe! Rather clever to carry it with you at all times - better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason it's better than those alarm pressie things is that every need isn't a 911 level. Needing a hand up from an awkward but uninjured fall needs a neighbor or friend, not an ambulance. That kind of thing. And my phone has a whole range of people to contact, not just the usual emergency folks who have enough to do. I have called for emergency help when needed, not one of those people who lie there with something broken, not wanting to be a bother!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.