Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Or nue silver disk in progress


 A lot depends on how the light falls on this kind of silverwork, where the shadows move.  It looks different from different directions.  I'm hoping to get the disk finished at this evening's stitch-in.




I'll decide which way up is best to applique it to the night time wilderness piece once it's ready.   My couching skills are improving, the edges of this disk better than the gold one.  The silver is a bit easier to pinch and redirect from the side, too.

After this is done and appliqued, I'll finish up the glasswing insect whose wings are done, and whose body will be beads stitched directly onto the wilderness piece, probably the night one.

2 comments:

  1. This looks very intriguing. I can't wait to see it fit into the night scape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, working with these threads is beyond me but you are doing a lovely piece

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.