Sunday, November 9, 2014

Or nue in progress

Or nue, aka shaded goldwork, is rapidly becoming my raison d'etre! here's a small piece, which might either become a piece of jewelry or form a component in one of my wilderness pieces, which are still out there waiting for me!



This piece is 1.5 inches across, and the shapes I cut from felt which I designed and applied before covering them with goldwork, using the tacking down stitches to create the sense of shape and shade.  Great fun, and a lot of learning in this little work.

And since a dear friend spent the afternoon replacing my old broken hall light with a new LED fixture, a learning curve all around, I now have brilliant shadeless light in the hall, which I love, and I tried the photo in this new light, just to see how well it worked. Better than with my older dimmer lights, anyway.

And he gave me some bits of cactus which fell off a plant he was bringing home, to try out, since he has great faith in my ability to take cuttings and make practically anything grow (this is his faith, rather than a statement of fact).

So, a day of experiment all around. And another  friend just showed up with a banquet of food from her pujah, religious afternoon with many friends and food in attendance, because she wanted to include me.   

Wonderful items, none of which I can identify, but she put them in order of what goes with what, as a guide!  So tomorrow is another day of experiments, edible ones.  And there is an art component, too, since she made one of her fruit landscapes for the puja, and will send me pix when she remembers.

3 comments:

  1. how wonderfully this is coming along that is when I managed to focus, have Alfie my daughter`s cat staying and he has really affected my eyes at first glance I thought I was looking at a fried egg and trying to read is very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work adding texture and shading. Very clever. I am looking forward to seeing what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is never a dull moment in your life, and it's such fun to visit your blog just to see what you've been up to. I'm never disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.