Thursday, March 26, 2020

One woman's meat..

In the package that arrived yesterday, whatever day that was, came this lovely length of handwoven cotton/bamboo mix.

 Joanne, who blogs some lovely stuff at https://cuponabus.blogspot.com, is the weaver, and this was an experiment.





She really doesn't like the feel of it. So for her it's a nonstarter. However I do, silky and friendly. I tested it against my neck and it's still soft. Knitters, you know how sometimes a fiber feels great to your hands and scratchy on your neck, making you rethink your plans? This  is still friendly.

Sooooo, haven't settled on what to make, but a top could work. We'll see.


 Meanwhile it's playing at being a table runner. And thank you, Joanne. One person's oh, get this off me is another person's oh, it's lovely!

And I'm working on a new Little Book. I'm going to invent a different way of stitching this one.








 The covers and pages are byproducts of artwork, interesting to use here. They're from backing sheets from the printing on silk,where the inkjet image appeared on the silk and went right through to make a ghost image on the backing sheet.

Frugal art.

Stay well, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I bet that fabric is yummy. I like the pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to handle. And thank you about the pages.

      Delete
  2. Lovely fabric!
    How do you keep your cutting mat so clean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut fabrics on it, or paper, so it's not getting wet media near it.

      Delete
  3. As you know, I'm pleased you like it. I think it would make a nice top.
    I especially like the page with all the apparently loose strings, but the bottom is a poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frugal Art - ought to be a grass roots movement taking off like wildfire. Of course who knows, maybe it is, particularly in these times. As for the beautiful knit piece I nearly fainted when you said you were contemplating making a top from it. Just the mere thought of cutting into it makes me feel the need to lie down. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's woven, meant to be cut for use. I mentioned knitting because I think more people are familiar with that phenomenon of soft in hand, scratchy on neck. It applied here, too, though this is a lovely fabric length.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Joanne's nonstarter is gorgeous. And sounds wonderful, too. The description of that printed paper sounds interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is a soft green, though it looks grey in the pix.

      Delete
  6. I keep all my offcuts and bits and pieces of painted paper and fabric, I have no idea what I will do with it all but I'm sure I will find something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will. They're just waiting for a destination.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.