Thursday, January 16, 2020

Downsizing and discoveries

One of the pitfalls of organizing art materials is that you suddenly want to work with them, right now.

It's different when you organize a kitchen. I don't feel a great urge to wash floors and scour sinks when I'm sorting there.

But, going through yarns and other fibers,  I just  realized I still had quite a bit of my lovely Goats Magosh roving, set aside when allergies struck last summer.



And oh well, there's a spindle started, and I'm just sayin'.

 I've knitted up quite a bit of my handspun making Izzy dolls. So clearly I need to keep up the supply. Don't I? Don't I?

10 comments:

  1. Your first sentence made my laugh out loud.
    Not that I relate, or anything.
    Hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare give this away. It's lovely, and plushy, and it isn't as if you're going into prison where toys are not allowed, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is a keeper! Toys aren't allowed in prison? In that case I'm not going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's a good thing to stay out of prison, if only because you can't have toys. And of course you need to keep up the yarn supply!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely. To both. At this point I've had to fight off the temptation to make artist books, piece, weave, draw, and now spin. All because of handling the materials. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why it's hard to reduce a fiber/yarn/fabric stash. Just seeing everything is inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have promised myself that once all the crates are in their new home in the spare bedroom, test drive to see if I need a two bedroom rental, I will be spinning again. And continuing with the stitching in abeyance. I do knit and crochet at my groups, though, so I'm not totally deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the comments above, I'm relieved to know you've decided this fiber is a keeper. It is beautiful. That said, I would have bit my tongue had you said you rehomed it, as I know how difficult (even disappointing) to find myself rethinking a thing after I've made a hard decision. Looking forward to hearing about your move into new digs. I need inspiration to keep moving me in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new digs won't be for a while. I'm doing this in easy stages. But I'm looking forward to a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.