Friday, January 4, 2019

Today's adventure, Tunisian crochet

At the knitting group today were new members needing to borrow needles and hooks to get started, Meg, our fearless leader, rummaging around in the supplies in search of right sizes commented that there were some great long hooks, no idea what for.

At which I yelped they're for me! Tunisian crochet hooks, been wanting to learn it for ages. So I borrowed a couple, and this evening started learning Tunisian crochet.



Seen here my first foray, into the Simple Stitch. I like this form because it simplifies one of my issues with crochet, namely knowing how many **%*%*% stitches I've got, or lost. You've got them all, count them, on the hook every second row. The other row you start with one stitch and collect them again as you go. It looks like knitting

Dif you know there's a purl stitch in this crochet? Me neither. Learning that next, so as  to work honeycomb. This is a different way of working aside from collecting stitches on the hook on alternate rows. You can't whip the hook around the way I'm used to, so I have to get the hang of it.

 I appear to be multiplying my WIP collection, but they're all proceeding. So this was today's celebration.


2 comments:

  1. I've crocheted for most of my life but have yet to attempt this form. It is intriguing though, so maybe...someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd have no trouble with it. Tip I found: i didn't really need the full length hook for samples. If you're learning a stitch pattern on say 20 stitches, you can use a regular length hook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.