Sunday, March 7, 2021

Moving a bit, please follow along

As you probably know, if you read both my current blogs, https://fieldfen.blogspot.com and this one you're reading now, I run two simultaneous blogs, and you can follow either or both as the mood takes you.  However, I know I have readers in here who are not aware of the other, Field and Fen, blog, and I would like you to note the blog address above, because I'm planning to collapse both blogs into one.

I've been thinking about this for a while, since my art life has changed a lot.  I have moved on from exhibiting, after the pandemic pretty much blew away all the opportunities I used to have, and my work shows best in person, not in online images for exhibit purposes.  I left on a high note, with a purchase award to a public collection, so that's nice to think about.

However, it's probably better if I combine both blogs.  I will leave this one open, so anyone can read, scroll back, comments, etc., as usual, but all my posts will be seen in Field and Fen.  There will be a lot of art postings, as there have been in here, that's not changing, but, all musings will be in one place.  You won't miss anything if you start reading Field and Fen. But you'l see a lot of other stuff in addition to art.

My third blog, https://princetonega.blogspot.com continues to be open, though it is several years since I posted there, after I finished my officer status with the Guild.

The thing is that Blogger doesn't let me put blogs in alphabetical order, so when people click on my name elsewhere and are brought to my blog area, they get Art the Beautiful Metaphor,and probably assume the others are closed.  Often that's true with bloggers who go on to make a new blog in a new vein.

So that's where we are, and I fervently hope I don't lose any of you who read exclusively in here.  There will be plenty to keep up with at https://fieldfen.blogspot.com starting right now!  At least as soon as I get over there and post the updates on the spun, plied, knitted and woven jacket, which is currently a vest.

And thank you all very much for your support and interest in here.  Please follow across...

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for telling us as I would have been worried about you. I will follow your other blog. I don't know how you have kept two blogs going as I can barely keep one! I look forward to reading the other blog combined with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early Adopter Bonnie, thank you. I really appreciate this.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to the expansion of Field and Fen including your art, Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. You've been following both, so your reading will now be simplified.

      Delete
  4. Ah, I will look at Field and Fen then. I love the title, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so obliging. See you over there.

      Delete
  5. I had my regular blog I started in 08 or 09, then I had one for my fur babes. I recently combined those two also. Just made it easier on me and my followers so that they had one less blog to read and comment to..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.