Sunday, July 28, 2019

Mise en scene, bring your own accent grave

Here's where we are:



Background, completed pillow, epp patches orl present n krect. They're so exact and neatly nested, in fact, that they look like fabric printed to look like patchwork! You can't tell it's pieced. I insist that means it well made, not that it seems to be back where it started...

Then, middle ground, are the 60  degree diamond templates for the silk tumbling block design happening next, and the silk pieces.  Since this will be see through, the seam allowances need to be consistent. We'll see how it goes.

Then, foreground, a mass of cheap and cheerful printed pieces for whatever happens after that. This will involve playing with and sorting and other kindergarten type "work".

And while you're here, this is the back of the above pillow which I printed from a scan of a lovely batik tunic I have. Scanned, printed on transfer paper, ironed onto the fabric.



 Not to be used in epp any time soon. The tunic, that is. But printed out versions are a possibility.

I think I like the idea of two sided pillows, for variety, and there may be more.

I have other pillows I've made using linen table napkins, which are a good size, press up a treat, and are hemmed already. The two you see here are probably 15 years old, still like new.  Gracious living. I think.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know that I'm not the only one who has been known to scan fabric for use in something else. Looking forward to seeing what your clever mind will come up with for those intriguing cloth squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're great fun to sort and match and contrast. Playtime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.