Sunday, July 21, 2019

Patchwork design sort of done

A few adjustments might happen before I stitch. But this is the 81 patches, laid out 9x9. About 14.5" square.



 I was thinking about this, well, dreaming last night in fact, woke up and realized it was a chance to have a radiating design from a central motif, here the cross shape in greens.

This is something I've done many times in different art forms, seems to be a recurring need.

Then I went on arranging and changing as you do, to get echoes and internal movements, some about color, some about shapes. Some of the best fun I've had in the studio in years.

I already see a couple of places where patches need to switch places. Pictures are helpful that way. In fact I'll do that now and post the result. Back in a few.



Okay, one change led to another, as they do, but I think I'm there now. Very subtle changes, now they're done, but they fixed a couple of annoying bits.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, and now I have two strips stitched, finding it's not hard to avoid stitching into the templates. Good thing I took pictures as a reminder of what goes where and which way up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like playing 52-Pick Up (if you remember that game!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if that's the one we used to call Memory? Dogonart used to play that with me when I was little, very good about letting me win.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.